Sunday 23 December 2018

C.H.R.I.S.T.M.A.S. music nostalgia...





As we enter the last couple of days before Christmas, there are some neat Christmas traditions that I had growing up in my family with some of our traditions that I continue today with my family such as decorating the non-fir Christmas tree, Christmas present shopping, Christmas menu consideration i.e. ham etc., the Christmas day or eve church service.

Another memory I had growing up was with Christmas music that we had playing during the season and Jim Reeves' Christmas songs was a popular album that my parents used to play so much so that I know every song on the album by heart and even used one of his songs C.H.R.I.S.T.M.A.S. for one of my Christmas service plays at church, many years ago, with lyrics that reminds of us the real reason for the season.

C - is for the Christ child born to you this day
H - is for Herald angels in the night
R - He's our Redeemer
I - means Israel
S - is for the Star that shone so bright
T - is for Three Wise Men, they travelled far
M - is for the Manger where He lay
A - is for All He stands for
S - means Shepherds came, and that's why there's a Christmas day...

Wishing you all a safe and Happy Christmas season with your families and friends as we farewell this year and welcome in the New Year...


No comments:

Post a Comment