Saturday 9 May 2020

Stroke - Virtual Walk NZ...

Earlier on when the Lockdown started, I joined a team and we are virtually walking the length of NZ in sponsoring the Stroke Foundation of NZ.

It's not the first time I've done virtual walks with a team as when I first began working for TWOA Te Wananga o Aotearoa, we would have teams walking the length of NZ, around the Pacific Islands and to different destinations.

This particular virtual walk is a long 3,000 km trek from the tip of the North Island at Cape Reinga (where early Maori believed that their souls would retire to Hawaiki when they passed away) all the way to the South Island area of Bluff which is the final destination.

With my team we are almost there (if not already there) and it's been such a neat way to accumulate 2 kms every second day on my walks for the last few weeks. It's also given some incentive to walk to as I know that I'm supporting a great cause.

In fact, if you're willing to sponsor me under our Pacific Hibiscus logo the link is at: https://virtualwalkofnz.everydayhero.com/nz/pacific-hibiscus or better still you can join up as well and go for regular walks whilst supporting an important cause.

It's definitely kept me motivated and keen to walk and have clocked up over 30kms so far and that's without really even trying or giving it a second thought. I've been enjoying the walks with our youngest, my beloved and the dog comes along too for a little run around the park and then we go home to a lovely cup of tea.

Not forgetting the social distancing and keeping our bubble safe (dog included) from other bubbles and enjoying the fresh air, lovely scenery and the crisp air on our evening and morning walks. Something I would definitely recommend to continue as we slowly come out of our bubbles with COVID-19 Alert level 2 just around the corner...


No comments:

Post a Comment