Friday 2 April 2021

Easter Friday reflections...

 

This morning, I went with my family for our Easter Friday service to our local church called Life Church (South) which is different from my 'birth church' i.e. the Mangere PIC Pacific Islanders (Presbyterian) church.

Both churches appeal to different audiences or congregations and it was a blessing to attend the Easter morning service as it was full to capacity with standing room only. I was moved by the music and songs, and it was especially beautiful to share in communion together with my family in a small wafer and red drink. 

I think with the realization that someone (Jesus Christ) would sacrifice his life in the most violent manner with excruciating pain with no recompense, at the time, and especially for Mary as a mother watching her son go through would have been very difficult to experience and for people who didn't care at all.

Easter, for me, is a time of reflection and as I've been particularly busy these last few weeks with my class just starting, I'm glad to be able to take some time out to and thought I'd missed out on 'The Watch' of which I've attended in the last couple of years as a time of contemplation but I see that it's been moved to an online digital platform to experience. You can check it out on:  https://www.easteratlife.co.nz/#the-watch

Another amazing thing, was meeting with a couple that I hadn't seen since my 21st birthday. They both attend our local church but as I've just been so busy supporting my birth church, I haven't had the time to visit, so it was good to catch up and re-new old ties.

There were also some hot crossed buns with small butter pottles to add for those who wished to. However, we decided to go to Denny's and had a family lunch there (after a long wait) as many had the same idea after church and then back home to relax and comtemplate some more...



No comments:

Post a Comment