Sunday 2 January 2022

A tribute to my father and friend...

 

This new year of 2022, I would like to pay tribute to my father, my dad and faith-filled friend who passed away at the blessed age of 84 on 19th of December of last year to spend his first Christmas in Paradise. 

I know that many daughters don't have the relationship that I grew to love having with my Papa that started instructionally and then ended in having his full trust in me and I in him.

I write this with tears as I have lost a man who was my rock and in whom I esteemed and loved greatly.  He is deeply missed as a father and grandfather. I certainly miss his presence but am reminded of him in other ways.

Still, I thank God for choosing him to be my father, my role model and supporter, like my mum, as they both encouraged me to keep the faith and to work well to do good in our community and within our church and family.

He probably has had the most profound affect in my life, in his guidance and words of wisdom in ensuring that I keep strong in my faith and fight the good fight as he did so greatly. He's also probably the greatest male influencer, for good, in my life and reminded me of the importance of humility, respect and honouring God.

I miss him so much but know that he is in a better place and resting in peace. I so want to thank all the people who contributed in many ways to his life and also the outpouring of many love gifts in his passing with tributes from Samoa, Australia, NZ etc.

Before his passing, my father and I had started a book of his memoirs. He lovingly shared with me insights of his growing up in Samoa, leaving Samoa to find a 'better' future in NZ and then meeting my mum and starting his family. I hope to finish the book for him and launch it at the end of this year at his memorial stone unveiling.

I echo the words and sentiments of our elder daughter in wishing that the world would pause for a moment to commemorate the passing of one who loved so dearly and who was committed to his family, his church, his faith and God. Thank you God giving me such a blessed opportunity to have a hero like my father in my life. He is gone but will never be forgotten...




1 comment:

  1. Aw he will be greatly missed dearly, how great a life well lived in humility,respect, honour, wisdom and love he was one of the 2 greatest men i have known all my life growing up to demonstrate the love of a father without conditions that came with discipline accordingly...oh how much his influence extends far beyond his reach is something he will never know but left a deep impression in my heart and so many others like me, 2019 was the last time i saw him and yet after so many years of having my own family seeing him lay his hand on my son to bless him and spoke those words of wisdom and encouragement to serve our families, love our parents and remember those that have gone before us that worked and serve in all aspect of life is something that will always be written in the tablet of my heart and will echo in my ears to eternity...the future of our family's history will be empty because a great person has gone on to eternity to awaits its Master but now we must take courage and follow the great example of a great man who was our Papa, Faalavaau Uili Tauau...thank you Faalavaau Helen for the priviledge of allowing me n so many other to experience his love as father, a friend to others and also a mentor to many we are eternally greatful and God willing looking forward to his Memoirs in his anniversary, with love and blessings to you n your beautiful family..God Bless you Faalavaau Helen abundantly in Jesus Name.❤❤❤❤❤

    ReplyDelete