Friday 26 August 2022

Happy National Poetry day today!...

Happy National Poetry Day! This day usually falls on the last Friday of the month of August and it's a day that I've been celebrating in various ways for a number of years as a creative writer / poet.

This year, I'm going to be sharing a poem that I wrote a number of years ago from my second poetry and short stories collection called "Frangipani whispers" that I self-published in May of 2018.

I've working on another poetry and short stories collection which is a community anthology that was funded by our local board last year but thought to launch in this year once the COVID numbers had decreased which it seems to be happening now.

The title of the poem is called "Birth of a Poem".


Placing pen on paper

an attempt to express

the sudden urge to write


Lost in thought

of myriad sensations

an idea

explodes in the mind


An apprehensive feeling

what happens now?

will it work?


The world rushes around

as words take on shape

choosing their own form


then...

birth pains


Life breathes on the page

read - inhale



No comments:

Post a Comment