Monday 3 April 2023

Returned to Paradise, Lefaga, Samoa...

A big FAAFETAI TELE to my Aunt at 'Return to Paradise Resort & Spa' for a complementary overnight stay with dinner and breakfast for my small family group.

I would highly recommend this resort as one of the only large resorts that Samoan owned but also the genuine hospitality, conservation consciousness, foods and entertainment that only an authentic resort, such as this, can offer to weary overseas tourists and locals who have experienced inauthentic places who don't take that extra care for the environment and especially their local staff.

It was a real blessing as my own family own a 'time-share' with Wyndham South Pacific (resorts company) and we've travelled all over NZ, Australia and Fiji and had holidays at various resorts that have been memory making for our family but quite different it what it offers to customers.

This, however, would be the very first time that I've stayed at a resort in Samoa (not counting the overnight B&B - bed and breakfast places). As we've always stayed in villages and with family. Now that we have our own house, it's been neat to have a place to call home and rest weary feet after a long day's journey or years.

I've been so busy meeting family, visiting schools and donating books etc. that I haven't had the time to blog and take time out. I count it a blessing that now COVID restrictions have been lessened and we are now able to travel overseas to visit relatives and loved ones.

I do, however, miss my late father as he passed away during the COVID-19 restrictions in 2021 and would have loved to have travelled back to Samoa one last time but alas, it was not to be but we have a memorial stone here at our home to mark the incredible journey of a man who was blessed by God to fulfill so much in his lifetime.

I'm still slowly working on his memoirs, or rather my memories of him. This time in Samoa, I've enjoyed the shorter stay with so much to do and also thankful for the memories from the past and the joy of today as well as looking with intent for what Samoa holds for future generations...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment