Wednesday 2 November 2016

Attending NZ Book Festival this Sat 5 Nov in Mt Eden...

This Saturday, I'm exhibiting at the NZ Book Festival that's being held at Mt Eden Memorial Hall on Dominion Road from 9am - 4.30pm. It also happens to be the day that a school that I am on the Board of Trustees with is also choosing a new principal so it's going to be a bit of a juggle to be at both places at once but will see what can be done.

This will be the second year that I have attended as a self-published author as last year, I was just getting started and it was a whole new learning curve for me. Now, I'm still on the learning curve but so many different opportunities have opened up for me with now venturing into poetry, upcoming art exhibition/s and academic work.

Still, I think it's important to remain within the various communities, as a writer, and to be available to discuss ideas and thoughts with those who are interested. Unfortunately, some of my books are not available with the need for re-printing but will be happy to take orders for upcoming Christmas.

I've also just found out today, that 3 of my poems have been accepted to be published on a New Zealand literary online magazine (I think that's what it's described as) but more of that story in future blogs as these opportunities unfold.

So really looking forward to setting up for this Saturday and taking along the various books on offer to discuss with interested book lovers. Last year, I think I was the only Pasifika/Samoan self-published author that attended the festival and maybe this year there may be more but all the same looking forward to an eventful day... Oh, and it also coincides with Guy Fawkes celebrations in the evening...

No comments:

Post a Comment