Thursday 23 March 2017

Soccer season is here...

Soccer season is upon us and now taking our youngest to train in her very first "official" soccer club just as her elder siblings did. Unfortunately, I'm not the netball mad mom as I know others of my colleagues are, instead because I enjoyed playing soccer in high school as well as Badminton, swimming, Basketball and Softball, I tend to take my children to sports that I don't mind hanging out at.

It's so much fun in watching so many different cultures of soccer mad dad's and mum's congregating each Wednesday after school and work and next week with competition games starting. Even the coaches are often parents as well as the managers sharing the load and love of the game.

I've decided not to take up any roles except for a supportive one and can just go and relax and enjoy watching the children running around and trying to navigate their way around the goal, other children's legs and in keeping up with the ball.

Being in a Soccer is neat too, in that a child must learn to kick the ball without using their hands and working together as a team with parents supporting and encouraging other children within the team too. There's a real real feeling of congeniality and we get to learn different personalities of the team players. A neat experience for all...


No comments:

Post a Comment