Sunday 9 July 2017

NZSA 13 Manuscript Assessment recipients for 2017...

Manuscript Assessment...


A big thanks to the panel of the NZSA that chose my manuscript from many others as one of 13 recipients of the 2017 applications that were made for the manuscript assessment.

The opportunity is an amazing open door that I have been considering for some time since completing the first draft of my YA Young Adult novel in 2012 but had been so busy with rolling our the first of my self publishing books that I didn't have the time to consider it.

But having spoken to my eldest, I realise that it is now the time to give it some serious consideration and to give it a dusting off the shelf to work it towards completion. 

The only problem I have now is that the complete work is over 100,000 words which is well over the expectation of a first novel and so I divided the 3 narratives into 3 separate books but now I'm having second thoughts about it and considering to bring it together again and work it down to a manageable size.

And this is why I am 'over the moon' so to speak about having another eye graze over my manuscript. Being that it is for a Young adult audience, I hope to capture some of the things that I experienced as a student, educator and now observer/commentator of education particularly in South Auckland schools.

This going to be an interesting journey and looking forward to what I will learn from this experience.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment