Monday 4 September 2017

Happy Fathers Day yesterday...

Yesterday it was neat to celebrate Fathers Day with my dad and the Father of my children, my beloved Fritz. It all started with breakfast in bed for him and gifts then off to church for a special Fathers Day morning service at Life Church South where all the dads were gifted with a special hombre tacos chips with mince and salsa - yum. Yes, I got to have a taste too!

Then I gifted my beloved with a special 'Men's Conference' registration which they're having during the last weekend of October and he got a special ginger beer for that. Then off to my parents, who are back from Samoa and had a lovely lunch together before going to a second Samoan service at my birth church with my parents.

As an additional Fathers Day gift, our youngest took her dad to the pools,instead, where they were able to soak up some well deserved R & R. That was neat too as when we watch the Samoan ladies at church displaying specially prepared items for Fathers Day, it was so fun to watch and it reminded me of my days writing plays and performing items for church growing up.

We then came home again and took it easy, however, in my haste to bake my family's favourite self saucing chocolate pudding, I forgot to add the hot water and it was a great disappointment as they were so looking forward to it but not to worry as I will be making another later on in the week as a make up.

All in all, it was a special day for special men in our lives who make such a neat difference: my dad being the patriarch of the family who taught me a lot about organisation and discipline, to seek the heights and to succeed and then my beloved who loves doing things together with our children and having fun and laughs along the way, is very patient and has been a dad for some 15 years now. So blessed to have these men in my life...

No comments:

Post a Comment