Thursday 26 March 2020

Diary - Day 1 of Lockdown...

Last night I decided to write a day by day diary of my experiences during this unprecedented time of the Lockdown as expressed by another writing on Facebook.

What the writer wrote about that made me think about doing the same was that it was like those who kept diaries during the various World Wars which allowed people to know how they were feeling and what they were thinking or going through to read later or to pass on to grandchildren and great-grandchildren etc. in later years of this event.

I also think it may also help those who like to express their feelings on paper rather than out loud and it gives time to consider what's going on in light of all the media hype and doomsday messages some are sharing.

In my diary, I've got space for things that I'm going to be doing during this lockdown period and they are categorized as:

  • Spiritual i.e. daily devotions, prayers, inspirational reading etc.
  • Creative eg. writing, creating poetry and artworks, colouring, painting, drawing etc.
  • Physical eg. going for walks outside, exercising, moving furniture as in housework, dancing around, cleaning and tidying etc.
  • Academic/Mental eg. Phd rangahau/research work, reading academic articles, books, writing paragraphs etc.
  • Health i.e. Healthy foods recipes and cooking, catching up with lots of sleep, resting and relaxing etc.
  • Emotional eg. connecting with my family and friends through Facebook, texting, messenger, listening to music and singing/dancing along etc.
This is just a shortlist that is not exhaustive but something to think about especially in not getting bored over this time as for me four weeks isn't enough time to do all the things that I can think of to catch up on and to create during this time but also being mindful that this will not be an easy time for others who are doing it hard during this time...


No comments:

Post a Comment