Thursday 14 March 2024

"Katūīvei" launch invitation

 

So thankful to have been invited to publish one of my poems in a contemporary Pasifika Poetry collection by Massey University Press called "Katūīvei" ready to be launched, in Auckland, next month.

It's such a blessing as I've been writing poetry and prose since high school and to be included in this Pasifika collection is an honour and a privilege as a self-published writer.

It's also neat to know that there are many other Pasifika contributors of whom were also invited to contribute to the collection such as my Mana Māngere writers' collective colleague Niuean poetry writer, Saulaina Sale. Who has been a prolific writer of poetry with over 100 sonnets (if my recollection serves me well).

I'm looking forward to taking my children with me as they've been keen supporters of my writing since the very beginning and they've been to many of my self-published book launches but to be able to go travel together to the launching of this book with a collective of other Pasifika writers will be an incredible honour.

The collection has been 2 years in the making of when I was first approached to add one of my poems to the collection. I think the book launch was supposed to be at the end of last year but for some reason the delay postponed the launch to this year which works out well for me too. With more to write about in a blog to come...



No comments:

Post a Comment