Sunday 26 June 2016

Pacific Business Expo with "Pacific Hibiscus"...

My book stall at the Pacific Business Expo
Had the privilege yesterday of participating at the inaugural Pacific Business Expo at the Vodafone Events centre in Manukau (just down the road from our new church at Life South campus!)

It was an amazing opportunity that started with a cocktail evening on Friday night, of which I had to race into after work. There were a lot a younger attendees but not as many as I had anticipated.

There we had several speakers (all Samoan by memory) who spoke about how vital and important business is within our Pasifika communities and that we needed more to participate in various business sectors etc. That afternoon, I'd set up ready for the stall in which I was able to attend with my eldest child to help out when I wasn't able to man the stall.

For me, the highlight of the event was being able to meet with a range of many people from business owners, to educators and the general public who wanted to know more about our books, as I trade under our company name of "Pacific Hibiscus" (with the same name as the new poetry collection to be launched).

It was also neat to meet with people who wanted to go on our mailing list for upcoming events etc. great to connect with old friends whom have known me on my journey many years ago at Uni and now are able to share a new light in my life as a writer and publisher.

Looking forward to sharing in more events such as this and happy to have had the opportunity to meet with many interested people...

No comments:

Post a Comment