Thursday 12 April 2018

Freelance magazine feature article...

Thanks to Freelance Magazine for the feature
Last week I received a copy of the latest 'Freelance' quarterly magazine which is a magazine designed to help writers in their writing. At one of the Book festivals that I'd attended, last year, I had met with one of the editors and she asked if I would be interested in sharing my writing journey to feature in their magazine.

I submitted my writing and they were happy to go ahead and add it as a feature article in their 'A Writers Journey' section. It's titled 'Helen Tau'au Filisi's Labours of Love' and it shares about my journey as a writer and the different paths I've taken in my writing.

Sometimes it's nice to be reminded of humble beginnings and about having a dream that you never give up on. I've also since learnt that sometimes things happen for a reason, that it's meant to be and that often the timing is never too late but just right on time i.e. some of the life lessons that I've learnt about over the years.

I'm still humbled when I reflect on the different paths that I've been privileged to walk upon in life and that there is always a reason for the season that we never quite comprehend about at the time but in hindsight, most of it makes sense - I guess it's part of believing that you are a part of something bigger than yourself and for me it's about living a life in faith in that things just don't happen but that there is a plan and a purpose for my life.

I hope it's a story that can inspire many other 'would be' writers to start picking up their pens, typewriters, laptops, digital devices etc. to start writing those stories that matter and that can shed light on matters that still need to be talked about. I still have some short stories that I'm currently working on and I'm thankful that there are ears to hear...

No comments:

Post a Comment