Tuesday 24 July 2018

Selling at SSAB Auckland, Apia (Megastore) and Pago (American Samoa)...

Image result for ssab pagoIt has been such a privilege and blessing to visit our homeland Samoa and also to have the opportunity to visit the SSAB (Samoa Stationery and books) stores in Apia and Tutuila (American Samoa). So that now there are 3 SSAB stores currently stocking our books i.e. in Auckland (Mangere), the Apia Megastore and also in the Pago Pago store.

This has been such a blessing as we have so many stories that we have researched and want to share but due to time and many other considerations that we find ourselves in, we prioritise what we are able to publish humbly in a prayerful manner.

One of the important considerations that we have when deciding which story to share next is regarding the connection/s that we have to that story. I also have to consider the actual illustrations that matches the text and even the actual words that I use.

I really would like to thank Tofilau Fiti (managing director) of SSAB in having the foresight and belief in allowing us to share our dream of publishing our own stories and selling through our own indigenously owned and managed bookshop.

Unfortunately, I didn't get to visit the Savaii store due to having such a busy schedule but it is definitely planned for my next Samoa trip of which I am hoping is not too far away. And in reciprocity my family is planning to purchase items from the SSAB store for our new project build which I hope will be quickly finished in the near future...


No comments:

Post a Comment