Monday 13 May 2019

Happy mother's day to our beautiful mothers ...

Mother'S Day, Mother, Star, Universe I had such a neat mothers day with my family and especially with my mom yesterday who flew in from Samoa earlier on in the week. It's so special to be able to share such a special day with my mum of whom I have been blessed with from above and have learned so much from and who has shaped my life since birth.

Some of the things that I learned from her was her strong work ethic in growing up watching her multi-tasking and cooking some wonderful meals with love. Although my mum's fairly shy in not liking public speaking, she made up for it in her creativity. She taught me handcrafts such as to sew, crochet, knit etc. and we enjoyed creating blankets, scarves, jumpers etc. growing up.

She was creative and an exacting seamstress as when she was much younger she would not only sew dresses for us (including my intermediate and high school uniform) but she also helped me with my ball dress and 21st birthday dress and sewed dresses for other ladies although she preferred to keep it as a leisure time event.

My mum has always been supportive of my different pursuits, a behind the scenes cheerleader, supporting me to start my first Master's degree although I wasn't sure about it. She helped me to look after my children in their formative years and they too have a very special relationship with her as well.

I hope that I can be as patient, supportive and caring as my mother has been with me, with my own children. I hope that I can inspire and encourage as much as she has to me and I can pass that on to my own too...




No comments:

Post a Comment