Wednesday 24 July 2019

The Lion King movie...

Tonight my family went to watch the highly anticipated, Disney's newest from animation to real live-action movie and were interested in the results. For me, I wanted to see what would happen to the original story because when it first came out in the 1980s, it was an epic movie that was the first of it's kind that I'd ever seen at the time.

However, after we watched it, it was interesting to compare thoughts about the movie in how it carefully followed the original storyline and scenes to a tee in some parts and added scenes in others. In my opinion, the realistic scenery with its natural beauty was well designed but somehow the facial expressions of the animals showing emotions didn't translate as well.

There were also a couple of iconic scenes from the original missing i.e. when Rafiki (the baboon) hits Sima on the head with a stick and the tropical drag song which was quite funny in the original was also missing.

And with Beyonce playing Nala, the song that she sang wasn't iconic for me as the original and they also added another song that felt quite foreign to the film that wasn't in the original. All in all, I had mixed feelings that there were some nice moments and I'd still highly recommend the movie for the next generations...

                                                                                                                                                                                                               

No comments:

Post a Comment