Sunday 21 November 2021

Bubble Tea/drink...

 

A new drink has made it's way onto NZ shores (well some time ago) but I only started tasting it this year. Known as bubble tea or Boba with many different varieties, colours and tastes.

It was my children who introduced it to me and we have a new local cafe and bakery that now offer the drinks with a variety of flavours to choose from.

The main ingredients seem to be ice, water, your choice of flavour and then little balls, pearls, tapioca or bubbles of flavour such as taro, blueberry, strawberry, honey, apple, brown sugar etc.

I'd definitely put it in the occasion range of drink as it can be quite sweet although flavoursome or like me you can always drink half and then wait until the ice has all melted before drinking the rest of it more diluted.

I was told by our youngest that the discovery of these types of drinks were quite by mistake as the ingredients were accidentally added (I think maybe the tapioca-like balls) but what started as an accident is now a lucrative business with many people buying these new types of drinks with many places offering them.

So if haven't already, why not give it a go? and see which taste you enjoy the most. Mine still is a variety of chocolate flavours with lots of ice that quenches a big thirst on a hot summer's day. It definitely beats fizzy drinks but that's my humble opinion...


No comments:

Post a Comment