Wednesday 24 November 2021

Happy 20th Wedding Anniversary to my beloved...

 

This year marks our 20th Wedding Anniversary, with my beloved, where we went to an island just off the coast of Fiji (short 10 minute boat ride) called Sonaisali and had our sunset wedding there.

We returned on our 10th Wedding Anniversary with our then two children who had a swim in the pool (just as I had had with my dad on the wedding morning) and they loved it too.

We also returned on our 15th Wedding Anniversary with our children to Fiji and stayed at another hotel with lots of fun but had planned and booked to go back to Fiji for our 20th Anniversary but alas it was not to be.

Instead, we've spent it today with my family eating cake and having lunch together and later we're going to have a movie night and a dessert too.

The COVID-19 Pandemic has certainly changed many things for many people including the ways that we celebrate special dates and also makes me realise how we took for granted how easy it was to make plans and see it through but with COVID it's a whole new ball game and the rules are so different.

Today, there was an announcement that I heard through the media that the NZ government is planning to open up the borders to Australian vaccinated travellers with a 7 day isolation that doesn't need to be spent in an MIQ Managed Isolation Quarantine facility and could be at home. This is expected to start in January.

We were also given the information that overseas travellers could be welcomed in as soon as February next year and that's when I would love to travel to Samoa with my family to finally visit back home. Wow! what a long time to wait now but will be well worth the wait to be able to celebrate overseas again with family...


1 comment:

  1. Awww my dearest friend and to Mr and Mrs Filisi many more wedding Anniversaries. Sending Alofas

    ReplyDelete