Thursday 2 December 2021

Take me to Samoa 2022...

 

Here's a Christmas wish for 2022, I can't wait until the borders open and the pandemic is under control and then those of us who are busting to travel to Samoa will be able to.

There's talk of next year being that year, as I have already missed two years of being there since September of 2019 with my family.

Our new aiga (family) home is still waiting for us to arrive as there's still a little more work to complete it and a whole lot of planned gardening that I had wanted to start but that's okay as we try and ride through the wave of this global pandemic and come out the other side with gratefulness, positive attitudes and big thanks to God for surviving.

I miss the fresh morning sweet air right next to the ocean and the noises of cocks crowing in the early morning. The smell of umu (earth oven) and the taste of so many Samoan delicacies that you can only get on the islands like sēa (sea cucumber), beautifully sweet organic mangoes and pineapples, pawpaw and vī (Samoan apples) etc.

2021 now going... going... gone...


No comments:

Post a Comment