Thursday 19 May 2022

Stat's with Pacer's Virtual adventures...

Since last year in September, I thought to start some fitness and exercise goals that would keep me fit during the COVID-19 Nationwide lockdown.

Since then I've been able to keep to my goals (on most days) of trying to take 10,000 steps daily which I'm told is the average steps that adults should be aiming for and it's assisted in my fitness goals too.

The neat thing about joining Pacer's Virtual Worldwide adventures (as shared in earlier blogs) is that it allows me to go on virtual tours to various nations and have a look at some of the features of each country.

So far, I've been able to virtually and successfully keep 13+ worldwide virtual challenges to at least 11 different countries and regions. Have also covered around 1,350+ kilometres which equates to finishing 32+ full marathons and a 1.7 round trip to an International Space station (as stated in the graphic to the left).

I'd highly recommend this challenge to any with fitness goals, as it keeps me motivated and enthusiastic to get up each morning and crush my fitness goals, especially during this time of the COVID pandemic and all of the variant problems that its posed.

So one of the decisions that I made was to dance the steps (I know it sounds crazy) but to put on some fast paced music on my 'Wonderboom' speaker and it's worked wonders.

I have different play lists ranging from Samoan music, to fast paced Latino music, Zumba music, Disco music and my daughter's and younger sister's music which is more contemporary with their fast beats as well.

That way, I don't have to always go outside for walks, although I do go outside for the occasion walk on public holidays and early morning weekends when not so many people are out and about and I can walk around without a mask (although I do put it on when I'm approaching others).

 I have managed, at times, to rope along one of my family members to go for a walk with me, but it's far to early for them on a weekend and I often like to walk and enjoy the crisp morning air with little traffic accompanied by my thoughts and things to consider for the day.

So definitely, encouraging you to five this a go and see where it takes you. I know that it's not everyone's cup of tea (or coffee) but it certainly works for me and I'll continue to post my progress through out the year.

With one more continent to work on i.e. Antarctica and then I will have completed my goals to virtually visit each of the seven continents. So all the best for your fitness goals to keep crushing it!...

No comments:

Post a Comment