Friday 3 June 2022

Queen's Birthdays celebrations with long weekend...

This week has been a particularly busy week of birthdays in my family starting with my beloved and my nephew sharing the same birth date on the 31st of May.

We had a special lunch for my beloved with a cake and blowing out candles and then for my nephew's celebration, my family went out to a restaurant and had an enjoyable experience with him. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to attend as I had to teach my class and then attend a meeting but the pics that were shared on Messenger and the stories shared were neat to see and hear.

On the 1st of June, my mum was blessed with another year added in turning 83 years old. It's the first year that we celebrated her birthday without our father (who passed away before Christmas last year) but we were still able to have an enjoyable time with her as we took her to a Vietnamese Restaurant and had her favourite meal there.

This long Queen's birthday weekend, my beloved suggested that we take the family on a road trip out of Auckland to celebrate the birthdays but also to have some R & R meaning Rest & Relaxation. I have so much work to do but agreed and now the whole family is looking forward to relaxing in the Waikato as we travel, by car, to Hamilton which is only an hour car drive away.

We'll be relaxing at a Holiday home that is more rural and looking forward to getting lots of work done but also taking the time to relax, explore the natural surroundings and to get out of urbania (urban area) and perhaps soak up some sun too. Although it is getting colder as autumn moves over to allow winter to set in with Winter official starting on the 1st of June.

So looking forward to also coming back with some more family stories and making memories of times together as well as celebrating birthdays with the ones that we love the most. May you also have an enjoyable Queen's birthday long weekend...

No comments:

Post a Comment