Monday 26 December 2022

Unveiling of Papa's Memorial stone, NZ...

 

A couple of days ago, on Christmas Eve a year after we buried my father, my family was able to host a memorial service, at his beloved local Pacific Islanders Presbyterian church and then hosted the unveiling at our local cemetery followed by food packs to take home.

It was a real blessing to have been able to open restrictions after a whole year of mourning (more of a process) and now I'm able to blog more regularly and also write and publish more regular in having somewhat fasted during this period.

We had our Reverend Ministers attend with our family representatives, church family and friends. It was a beautiful service with my sister and youngest making a video picture montage of many special memories that we had together.

We were also gifted during this time and pray that God will bless those who gave as we also gifted during this time. It's definitely been a very special time of reflection and contemplation of the many things that my father did that defined who he was but also how we learned so many life lessons from him.

I've already started a book of some of his memoirs so that future generations are aware of how this pioneering forefather was able to accomplish so much during this 84 years on earth and how he still inspires, through God's presence in his lifetime, a spirit of tenacity, honesty, courage over adversity and a hardworking ethic.

I miss his presence but I believe that he remains in my heart and through his God inspiration encourages me to continue in the gifts and talents that I've been given to write and to share some 'gold' in the world that we live through my writings etc.

At the family service, I was able to share of how it was a privilege to be his daughter and that although he wasn't a perfect father (no one ever is) but h was a perfect father for me. We did have a mutually respectful and loving relationship that continues to inspire me beyond the veil...

No comments:

Post a Comment