Saturday 25 February 2023

March 2023 - Sugar Free...

 

This next month of March for the year 2023, I'm going Sugar-free to support the Gut Cancer fundraising.

It's going to be really interesting because it's been a while since I've been sugar free but I also it's not only about support a good cause that it's also about promoting our own gut health.

Unfortunately in NZ, I've read that everyday there's 17 people who are diagnosed with gut cancer. Up until I read about the promo for this campaign, I had never heard about how serious those stats are.

So I'll be posting next month as I start this as it's the first of it's kind that I've been a part of as over the years I've tried to support all kinds of causes such as the World Vision 40 hour famine (over many years since being a teenager.)

I've also supported and sponsored Refugee Week where you support the cause financially and are sent a pack whereby you eat the rations of a Refugee for a week and see how you feel. I remember losing 5kgs in just that week alone in eating flour and water with oil pancakes much like Indian roti with sardines as a basic daily allowance for the week.

So this will be an interesting challenge in that it's about me being very aware about not having any sugar whatsoever in my diet in March which will include not having processed food with it's hidden sugars and even some sauces and definitely no fizzy! but I will keep you posted...

No comments:

Post a Comment