Sunday 9 October 2016

Thank you for the votes...

A big thank you to all those who voted for me at the recent Mangere-Otahuhu board elections in the 1000+ votes. Unfortunately, I was unsuccessful and the Labour team took it out and I wish them well in their work for the community.

Some gems that I learnt from this election:

  • Being with an already established political team helps a lot in the visibility of having advertising boards, mailbox drops etc.
  • Campaigning helps also with standing on street corners, at the markets etc.
  • Writing about all the things you've done in church, in the community etc.
I definitely wouldn't change a thing as sometimes you have to do something a little scary in life to know what's out there and I'm not afraid to try something new to continue in the pursuit of learning about things that I need to know.

Yesterday, I was at a Mangere Bridge book fair where I was able to share a couple of my poems and read one of my books to the audience. It was neat to also get feedback in that one of my poems moved a member of the audience to tears in the poem "Unconditional Love" that I wrote on the blog yesterday.

I like the poster above as it's very much about climbing mountains be it physical or mental or philosophical and I enjoyed being able to share about climbing my mountain of now being an establishing author/artist with more mountains to climb...




No comments:

Post a Comment