Sunday 1 December 2019

'Last Christmas' movie...

"A pinch and a punch, first day of the month." This was one of the sayings that I learned as a kid and we'd literally say and deliver to an unsuspecting victim with an additional "No backs" so that they couldn't return it back to us with another proviso that it had to be said before midday.

Anyway, a happy first day of the Christmas season (month) with lots of Advent Calendars beginning their countdown today with chocolates or other little goodies to eat each leading up to Christmas day. It's something that I've done with our youngest which she looks forward to.

Last week I got the chance to watch the movie 'Last Christmas'. I must admit that I wasn't really expecting for it to be very memorial as often some of the Christmas movies are i.e. from Hallmark where a happy ending is expected but I found this movie to have quite an interesting turn to it.

It also showcases some of the late George Michael's movie that I used to enjoy back in the day and it has an interesting storyline that you have to suspend logic, a bit, to appreciate the ending of the movie with the story that it has to tell.

I'd recommend it as not the usual happy ending Christmas movie that also subtlely asks one to consider being a donor in case of the event of an untimely death. That statement will make a lot more sense once you watch the movie (but then that might be a spoiler alert right there!)...

No comments:

Post a Comment