Monday 3 February 2020

Stan Walker 'Choose' 2019...

Last night, our youngest reminded me that she had shared with a friend, in returning back to school, that she had seen Stan Walker recently at a shopping trip that we had at the Airport Countdown grocery store.

To give a bit more explanation, he is one of my favourite male Maori solo artists as he has a soulful sound (that even Michael Buble commented on) plus he's also a Christian and sings songs about his faith. Last year he released a couple of songs such as 'Choose' and 'Give' and both are beautiful songs to listen to.

To get back to the story, we happened to drop by to pick up some supplies and Stan Walker was standing at the Deli with a cap and a hoody on buying his own supplies. I recognized him instantly because he happened to turn quickly whilst checking out the food on offer. Plus I was aware that he had lost a lot of weight due to a condition that he has.

I also have this facial recognition condition that happens often (that my family have commented on) whereby if I see a familiar face (even if they've aged) like on TV etc. I can often place the name to the face very quickly.

Anyway, upon seeing him and instantly recognizing that he wanted anonymity in being covered up except for a small window of his face, I decided not to say anything to our youngest and kept shopping then paid and left ready to head home.

I then explained to her what I had seen. However, whilst explaining this to her, I saw Stan Walker walk past our car over to the car parked next to us (that reminded me of the retro souped-up mini coup) a Mini Cooper. He opened the door took off his hoody and hat and then left as we pulled out too.

With much interest, I told our youngest not to stare but that the driver next to us was none other than Stan Walker, we decided not to do anything except to enjoy the moment of seeing an artist that we both enjoyed listening to being in our near vicinity as he drove away...




No comments:

Post a Comment