Monday 17 February 2020

2020 - the dawn of a new decade at Uni..

Image result for aut
Source: www.aut.ac.nz
It's hard to believe how fast the years have passed with our eldest attending her first classes as a first-year law student at AUT University where she received her scholarship (although I'm hoping she'll jump ship and go to my alumni Uni of Auckland University but we'll see).

So on her first day of the orientation week, I decided to drop her off and to have a look around. It's amazing how the two Universities sit side-by-side i.e. AUT University on one side of Wellesley Street and University of Auckland (name changed) on the other.

I was reminded of the times I would race up the hill (those many years ago) and visit the other campus for cheaper stationery supplies etc. back when I used to be called AIT or Auckland Institute of Technology but that's all changed since it's become a University.

Our eldest is also attending an evening function tonight for all of the AUT scholarship recipients and would have been checking out an AT Auckland Transport hop card as well as the bus stops, bus timetable, and her own class timetable.

It seems like it wasn't that long ago since I first started and then graduated from U of A (University of Auckland) and later also graduating from AUT and looking back it had a lot to do with the support of my parents and the environment that they brought me up in PIC Mangere church (Presbyterian) where anything was possible with hard work and integrity.

I am so thankful for those lessons and hope to pass those on not only to my children but also with those I come into contact either through adult students I come into contact with, or as a board member at an Early childhood centre or through conversations where dreams can come true not only for our generation but also for the next...


No comments:

Post a Comment