Monday 6 November 2023

End of an era...

Today I wrote a resignation letter to the board that I had served almost 4 years at my local church. The reason being that I did not agree with the closure that the present board members had decided on. 

I think sometimes that one just has to walk away from environments that can have toxic people inside with a clear conscience of doing one's level best at the time.

It's sad for me, as my late father had been on the initial committee that had built the foundation of the Early childhood centre but as that former committee was dissolved to make way for a new Trust, there were several individuals who did not act with integrity and took advantage of the situations (it's a long story).

Suffice to say that I now no longer have to worry about the future of the a'oga (school) and can let go and let the present board continue in their work without my support. I've found over time, that I don't like to waste time on boards, or with organizations or individuals who like don't act in integrity, waste time and make questionable decisions.

It also allows me to reflect on the work that I've done and I can walk away with a clean conscience knowing that I did the best that I could do with the time and resources that I had. It's also a call to action to those who are able to serve carefully and wisely on boards to ensure that if there are individuals who are not acting in the best interests of their communities that they should be challenged and called out, therefore exposing toxic actions that are not beneficial to the many.

I'm glad that I was able to serve in the best ways that I knew how and that I made many good friendships along the way. There are already some who have contacted me in support but at the end of the day, I know that I did the best that I could with no regrets on my work...


No comments:

Post a Comment