Thursday 3 October 2024

Latch-hooking break from academia...

 

One of the neat things that's been keeping me busy and connected with my artsy side has been latch-hooking with a kit that I picked up not so long ago.

It was real helpful for my thesis writing too as it's a creative practice-led thesis that allowed me to add in pics and ideas from some of my art work then when it got too wordy and I wanted to take a break from academia I started hooking this rug.

I started this artform back in my late teens early 20s but it was quite expensive to do back then as the kits were coming from abroad and I only had a big rug that I've kept for ages.

Since then, I've hooked a cushion cover, another two smaller rugs and am going for another cushion cover that I'll be giving away as gifts for some unsuspecting family member who would appreciate the time and effort put into these works of art.

It's definitely not something that I see a lot of people doing as it's not as accessible but there are definitely more kits at affordable prices these days. It's also good for one's mental health in creating an artistic piece from a different type of medium that's not so commonplace...


No comments:

Post a Comment