Monday, 12 October 2026

Term 4 starts...

 

The last term of the school year starts today, and our youngest is preparing for external exams starting next month and also completing internal assessments.

This is a pink/purple rose that she fashioned with play dough during the holidays. It reminded me of how the creative DNA has been passed down to all my children through their interests in art and creativity.

I think with the rise in mental health awareness, creativity has been underrated in many respects, be it handcrafts, journaling, scrapbooking, crocheting, knitting, etc.

I have seen an upsurge in creative digital platforms such as Etsy, Canva and Pinterest (just to name a few). I like how there has been interest in people being able to sell their creative products so that one does not have to be the 'starving artist' because there is always someone out there who would be interested in purchasing good-quality creative arts.

I think pf my eight Samona bilingual picture books are an outlet for me to continue my creativity of not only by sharing the knowledge that I've gained through indigenous research but also in translating the stories into art for readers to share in my imaginative journey. With more books to cameo...


No comments:

Post a Comment