Friday 3 April 2015

Easter Friday


 Easter Friday a day for reflection
 Each Easter Friday it's a time for reflection for my family and I as we consider the bigger picture of life. For me, I was brought up in the Christian faith and continue to uphold those values in my family's life. I am so grateful for a God who is able to have a personal relationship with me and knows all of my fears, dreams and thoughts.

This Easter Friday we attended church and I realised how amazing a mother's love (in Mary) must have been to have watched her son being crucified and allowed it to happen in knowing the bigger picture of life. This was also evident in a Father allowing His son to die in order to save many others. It's been said that it wasn't the nails that held Jesus to the cross but that it was His love in knowing that it was the only way to redemption for humankind.

For me, my faith isn't a fairy tale or some whimsical notion of an uninformed cultural position, instead it's been a life's journey for me throughout my early University days of asking the Question about whether God really does exist or if indeed a man called Jesus roamed this earth whose birthday/year we still to this day observe in our daily calenders.

And indeed it reaches even deeper to an understanding and belief that there is life after death and that we will account for how we've lived our lives whilst on earth. With the knowledge that there will always be ongoing tension between what is perceived to be universal values of 'good' on this earth and the evil that wishes to destroy everything in it's path to power.

This Good Friday, I am grateful for my faith, my family and friends, even those of you whom I've not met but have taken the time to read this blog. Hopefully, if you haven't already taken up the challenge, find out more about this ever abiding faith that can conquer all fears and that doesn't dry up when we die but goes on to the next journey. When this life is over, it is only the beginning...

No comments:

Post a Comment