Monday 29 August 2016

Whittaker's Single Origin Samoan Cacao dark chocolate...

If you happen to like dark chocolate, like me, or are a dark chocolate connoisseur then you can't go past Whittaker's Artisan Collection that includes a dark chocolate labelled "Single Origin Samoan Cacao" Extra Dark Chocolate at 64%.

I've been enjoying dark chocolate since being pregnant with my youngest daughter and would consume the darkest chocolate I could find which was usually 70% and higher (for medicinal purposes - ha ha!).

Anyway, this chocolate is also labelled that it is "...A robust, full-flavour, earthy and rich sweet chocolate created using only Trinitario Coco beans from the perfect growing climate of Northwestern Savaii in Samoa".

I'm hoping that that is the case, otherwise false advertising doesn't sit well with me but good to know that if this is true, then it is helping the Samoan economy in Savaii. Not all shops sell this but usually you can find it at the bigger supermarkets like the larger Countdown stores or the Pak'n'save.

So it's a bittersweet chocolate that gives that little kick at the end of a long hard day at work...


No comments:

Post a Comment