Wednesday 31 August 2016

NZ Independent book festival 5 Nov at Mt Eden Hall...



http://nzbookfestival.co.nz/exhibitors

This past month I have been so busy with teaching and then with a book launch planning for "Pacific Hibiscus" (poetry collection) last week on 26th Aug, that I didn't have much time to blog with so much going on and now looking forward to working on my next book launch which is scheduled for October with a lil' rest in between.

I'm also privileged to be able to be a part of the Auckland - New Zealand Independent book festival which is this year held in Mt Eden Hall on Guy Fawkes Day, 5th November. Last year was my first year as an exhibitor and sadly I was the only Pasifika writer there but it was neat to be able to meet other "Indie/self-publised" writers and discuss/share ideas too.

The whole idea behind the book festival is that it is open to the public to meet Indie authors i.e. those who have chosen to publish their books independently of traditional publishing companies and to purchase books if they so wish. I also got to talk with many different people who were interested in my books and it gave me a chance to share some of my books with the public.

It's been a real privilege to be a part of this group as I've met some really interesting writers with varied backgrounds and it's neat being around like minded people who share a love, passion or interest in books.

Looking forward to the festival with now 8 published books (I think I only had 3 last year) with another two to launch before the end of the end. Roll on Spring - my favourite month of the year...



No comments:

Post a Comment