Tuesday 13 September 2016

Attending Cultural Arts and Crafts market 1st Oct...

I've had some requests to buy some of our books locally and so have made the 1st October, Saturday available to attend a monthly Arts and Crafts market at the local Massey Homestead. There I'll try and have all the titles available or will take orders for those that have sold out for reprinting.

The Massey Homestead was where I tried to start a poetry group some 20 years ago in 1997 but it didn't get off the ground as there was another group that was meeting at the time and I wasn't able to attend for various reasons and so my writing didn't get off the ground.

Funnily enough, I now could be termed a published poet having now launched my first collection of poetry out into the stratosphere and it's neat to look back and see where my journey started and where I am currently.

At these markets, I drove past one day last year, and saw that there were a variety of arts and crafts but not as busy as the local Mangere Markets where you just about have to race into a park before it's taken as it gets really busy at the town centre. Here it will be more leisurely and will try and get EFTPOS provisions for those who prefer not to pay by cash - which is what I do too.

So if you're not doing anything in particular on this day and would like to have a look (hopefully it will be a fine spring day), please feel free to peruse and happy for book signing as requested...


No comments:

Post a Comment