Thursday 8 September 2016

Sistas Night with Lisa Bevere...

Was neat to go out with my eldest to attend the first "Sistas Nights" at Life South (Thurs, Fri and Sat nights). The traffic was horrendous but was able to get a good park with some fancy driving but it was all good as the starting time was delayed to allow for the crazy banking up of traffic.

The full conference is held over the same days and nights at the Vodafone Events Centre but with my full life, I was only able to attend the nights with many other 'Sistas' who didn't attend for varying reasons.

However, we were in for a treat as we got to listen to our speaker 'Lisa Bevere' who has just written a Best seller which I will blog about after I finished reading it called "Without Rival". She was so very forth right and her discussion helped me to answer a couple of questions that I was unsure about which I will be blogging about in the next couple of days.

I think one of the most important thoughts that she gave was to challenge each person to claim what we have been destined to achieve and to believe that we each need to write that story, that sentence, that paragraph in life that we can only write. She really challenged me to take a step forward rather than a step back and to stand at our post unwavingly.

Such an inspirational but also challenging woman speaker at this day and age who is not afraid to speak to what she is committed to. She also talked about her family and the legacy that she has instilled into her grandchildren and it was so neat to briefly talk after the session at her book signing to be affirmed that her particular message was for me.

So here I am about to go forth boldly with a belief that this is my destiny... (in a few blogs time)

No comments:

Post a Comment