Saturday 6 May 2017

"The Case for Christ" movie review...

Went today with my elder two to watch the movie "The case for Christ" as mentioned in an earlier blog. After watching it, I must say I was pleasantly surprised as to the information that the movie gave about the various evidences that confirm that there was indeed a resurrection of Jesus that has changed the face of the earth since its inception.

The movie was based on a true story and I thought what was interesting about Lee Strobel (the main character) was the many different arguments that he came up with to try to disprove that there was indeed a man called Jesus, let alone a resurrection.

Journalism is a genre of writing that is based on facts and his attempt to try to disprove his wife's faith was indeed intriguing. I think that even many Christians may go through a time of questioning whether their based is faced on fact especially in a time when technology and scientific theories reign supreme.

I think I came out of watching the film affirmed that what I believe in still holds true in a type of 'blind faith' whereby I trust because of what I have seen, experienced or felt. It also answered my youngest's question which was why I believe what I believe and that it is based on the very experiences that prove that there is more to believe than not to.

Another faith movie that I am also looking forward and that I watched the trailer at this movie is called "The Shack". When I first read the book some years ago, I thought that it would make a tragic type of movie that would also show triumph. Looking forward to when this happens and will take my family along for those who are interested...

No comments:

Post a Comment