Sunday 7 May 2017

Today was a neat day with my family as we attended church together at Life South which is located in Manukau, Auckland.

It's a multicultural church with a neat vision of supporting our communities and also reaching out to those who are needing/wanting to look after their families within a Christian faith.

Next week we have our annual 4 day conference with the theme of "More". I'll be going to the evening sessions with work but my beloved will be attending the whole conference which will be neat for him as he also leads a men's group and supports dads and single men in pursuit of what God has in store for them too.

Today, at church was a surprise for me as one of the ushers in church was a past pupil whom I taught some 20+ years ago and she had come into mind a couple of weeks ago and I had wondered what had happened to her as she had had some troubling times. Today I found out that she was doing well and worked in my suburb not far from where I work/live.

It also reminded me of the time when I was an English teacher that one of my favourite things to set and read was writing journals in that each week I'd set a few topics for students to write on and students could choose what to write about. It was a personal communication with me and some students didn't think much of it but others took it seriously and I came to know students well in some of the things they shared.

After church we went to a Korean buffet restaurant, for the first time, for a meal and were nicely surprised at the healthy menu which had many dishes that we were not so familiar with but tasted nice. Our children particularly enjoyed the tasty dumplings and various dishes. We definitely want to return for another tasty treat and neat not to have to cook on a Sunday after church...

No comments:

Post a Comment