Wednesday 23 August 2017

Mangere East - Middlemore - Must Go! - Bob Lemalu

 It's finally being sold! We bought this property some 10+ years ago as an investment property and I must say that I've learnt a lot in that time from living with my parents to buying a new home with my dear husband for our small family and then to investing in this property which was my beloved's idea but it did come with its ups and downs.

One of the things that I'm grateful for the opportunity of having been able to do this. I think one of the saddest things for this generation of NZers is that many won't have the opportunity to be able to own their own homes. It definitely meant not always being able to buy those flash things that others bought in wanting to pay off the mortgage but it certainly has paid off.

In a way, I think we're going to miss having the responsibility of ensuring that we as 'landlords' are complying with the various things that we needed to do like maintaining the house, painting it and the upkeep between tenants but at the same time I'm happy not to have so much paperwork to work through with the annual taxes with the accountant and sorting out issues of missed rent etc.

Still it was a season and am grateful for the blessing of now looking at the possibility of the next chapter of our lives but will see what the days, months, weeks, years ahead provides for us, Lord willing...

No comments:

Post a Comment