Friday 23 November 2018

Call out for: Te Kunenga o te Ao Tikanga - Rangahau (Indigenous research protocols)...

 This week I officially begin our recruitment phase for our next year's class in this being my last week with my class some of whom have been together with me for two years.

This next year, I'll be teaching my second class of 'Te Kungenga o te Ao Tikanga - Rangahau' which could be translated as 'a gathering of world indigenous protocols through indigenous research principles.'

The interesting thing about this course is that apart from being a 36 week course (full time/full year) it helps indigenous peoples to understand Maori tikanga (protocols), their own indigenous protocols and other indigenous protocols that are shared through the class from different cultures.

I feel that this year, I've learnt a lot about looking at faaSamoa from a different perspective in understanding how principles of old have changed to what they are today and this brings about future implications too.

I'm also recruiting for those in our community who would like to enrol in our Masters in Applied Indigenous Knowledge course that will begin enrolling next year for the 2020 intake. As this year, I begin to work with them on considering indigenous research principles and knowledge that would be appropriate for using in the Masters programme especially if they are Masters in their cultural practice/s.

So if there are any who are interested to enrol out in our communities, then please get in contact and I can give further information....


No comments:

Post a Comment