Monday 19 November 2018

Weekend NZ Book Festival...

On Saturday I exhibited at the NZ Book Festival in Mt Eden and had a neat time. This would be my fourth time attending this annual event and it's been great to see how the Festival has developed over the 4 years that I've exhibited with them.

The first time I exhibited, I think I only had a couple of books released at the time but now I have some 15 books: 6 bilingual picture books, 2 poetry/prose books, 2 community voices collections (edited) and 5 play.

And there is more in the making as there are so many important ancient and historical stories to tell as well to share some of the important values that the stories contain.

Now I need a little book display (as shown) to showcase the various genre and to visually display the different books as I'd like each cover to be a piece of art in itself (quite apart from the stories/poetry etc. that are contained within).

It was also a good time to catch up with some of the other exhibitors be it: printers, other writers, bloggers, educators, self-published authors etc. Many who have been long time writers, like me, who've taken the leap of faith to self-publish.

I'm also planning on visiting some markets this summer to exhibit but to also talk with members of the public about the books and the stories contained within as well as encouraging people to pursue after their dreams as you'll never know where/ what that path will take you to...






No comments:

Post a Comment