Sunday 25 November 2018

Celebrating our 17th wedding anniversary...

Happy 17th Anniversary yesterday, to my dearest pele and love of my life: Tofilau Fritz Toeta Faapoi Filisi. Who would have thought that a chance meeting (God's plan - the day before I was to fly out to my family in Samoa to receive my matai - chiefly title in Samoa) on 23rd January 2000, we would meet and decide to keep in touch.

And then back to NZ and then losing my one way ticket to Australia when you were meant to fly back to Malaysia and then having our first date on Valentines day in 2000 with our engagement announced 3 months later with the wedding the following year in Fiji.

It hasn't been easy with so many things happening in the interim with our 3 beautiful children and now still continuing to study and work with a new direction in our writing and researching in sharing our precious stories with the next generation.

I have been so blessed in learning and growing with this wonderful man and I thank God for his patience, endurance and stamina in keeping up with a very busy mother, teacher, creative, artist, writer etc. who only sleeps at night because I need to.

I thank God for a neat father, friend and talented husband as you who has the best intentions for his family, his aiga, our friends and wider circle of families, including our church family. You try to see the best in everyone and everything and balance out the niggles that I have in things.

We were meant to be and this has been proven time and time again in the various goals that we have superceded in the blessings that have been bestowed upon our families during the good times and the bad.

May the Lord continue to bless our families and protect our marriage with the best intentions and purposes for the future. I also hope that our children will have an enduring love for one another as our parents have been blessed with and now that we share. Thank you God for this special marriage and family...



No comments:

Post a Comment