Tuesday 27 August 2019

First Aid Certificate course online too ...

Last month, I had the opportunity of resitting my First Aid Intermediate certificate at my place of work with part of it being online and the other the practical component.

I think this is especially important to have when working in our communities with children as well as adults. As you can never know when an emergency might happen wherever you go.

It's something that I think is an important skill to have in that when I was working as a volunteer with Plunket when my children were babies, it was important that we were vigilant in that choking and other emergencies could happen whilst on our watch.

And in working with teens, being aware of assisting when someone has epilepsy and other medical conditions it's important to know about what to do.

That includes going on field trips and overnight stays as unexpected things have been known to happen and so I would definitely encourage this course for church members, school staff, community workers etc.

I've known over the years of people dying in churches through having heart attacks and even in schools/institutions etc. and even at home in knowing how to cope with or deal with beloved ones needing attention with stroke symptoms, angina etc.

It's also important to know where defibrillators are found for stopping and starting the heartbeat of one has suffered a heart attack etc. as every second counts before irreparable brain damage sets in or death becomes imminent.

In face, defibrillators are now being positioned in most public places where people congregate including shopping malls, swimming pools, tertiary institutions etc. I would definitely highly recommend for more of our community people to gain First Aid skills as you never know when you might need it... (renewable every two years)

No comments:

Post a Comment