Tuesday 31 December 2019

New Year's Eve celebrations in 2019...

For the last day of 2019, we'll be having a countdown at my parents' place in saying goodbye to the old year and hello to the new.

It's also a time for reflection on how things went in the last year in preparation for new things to happen for this new year.

I'm looking forward to 2020 as it's the start of a new decade with many things to look forward to.

For example the start of University for our eldest child in pre-law school and my youngest sister starting her Master's degree in Indigenous knowledge in having been their academic mentors over the years.

We are also looking forward to a year of graduations with my beloved's Masters graduation ceremony as well as my sister's Social work degree graduation and mine in the Certificate in Maori and Indigenous art programme.

In these last few hours of the old year of 2019, there's a lot to be thankful for and also considerations for the new year ahead. Tonight at church there is a New Year's Eve service that I've attended over the years but for tonight I'm looking forward to praying it in with my family with good wishes for you...

No comments:

Post a Comment