Sunday 12 April 2020

Risen - Easter Sunday Hope...


Today, I wake up to new hope with the promise of Easter Sunday that after the present darkness there is light and life. This weekend I was able to watch with my family a 2016 movie called "Risen" on Netflix.

I had been searching to watch Mel Gibson's (director) "The Passion of the Christ" (2004) movie as I couldn't find our DVD copy and came across "Risen" in my Easter search. It gives an interesting perspective on the Easter story (although some graphic scenes in the beginning i.e. violence etc.)

It also features versatile Maori actor Cliff Curtis (I still remember him from 'Once were Warriors' movie debut) as Jesus and opens up at the time around Jesus' crucifixion and what it may have been like in the political situation after the empty tomb of Easter Sunday.

I hope this is a movie that gives hope at a time when many might feel disconnected to God because of the worry of why bad things can happen to good/innocent people. For me there's an understanding that where there is good, there is also evil - but remain in Hope, Faith and Love...

No comments:

Post a Comment