Sunday 19 April 2020

Wedding Anniversary of 56 years...

Wedding Anniversary of 56 years of Mr & Mrs U. F. L. Tauau
This week my family celebrated the 56th Wedding Anniversary of my parents with many digital well wishes from their children, grandchildren and great, grandchildren in Australia, Samoa and New Zealand etc.

Even though we're not able to all be together at this time with lockdowns and border closures internationally, we are so thankful to God for this special couple who have been a powerful witness of what faith, hope and love can accomplish.

My parents met back in 1963 when my father was working on the Tofua ship, sailing between Samoa, Fiji and NZ, and my mother was emigrating to NZ.

It must have been a bit exciting and scary for her as she was the first in her family to leave for NZ but as he took her bags to her shared cabin, he must have reassured her that all would be well and they kept in contact since then and the rest, they say, is history.

My parents are now both in their 80s and we thank God for every day in every year that we're able to spend together with them. They have especially been a blessing in my life in instilling a powerful faith witness in the importance of working together in marriage and in being blessed with their shared talents as a creative and teacher (my mum) and as an organizer and leader (my dad).

I also believe that the DNA that they share into the next generations will also carry on their faithful and loving legacy that my children and my siblings' children have and may God continue to bless them all their days...

No comments:

Post a Comment