Monday 11 April 2022

'Measina' mugs for PhD studies participants...

 

My Measina PhD fieldwork has been moving along slowly with the sharing of stories from various participants. It's been a very interesting journey so far with lots of rich information and also a lot to consider going forward.

As part of the recognition of the time, efforts and knowledge that has been passed onto me, I've reciprocated with a Koko Samoa pack that includes 'Measina' mugs with the word imprinted on foil on the mugs as a sovereign for participating in the study.

I've had some neat feedback as I've wanted to keep the conversations casual in not expecting to have fully researched answers but more of a 'slice of life' or a discussion on their experiences of what measina means to them but also their observations.

I have also reflected on my own observations of measina over time and it's been interesting to see the similarities but also differences of people's thoughts on measina.

Needless to say, that many of my participants on women both young and old but I also have privileged to also have been able to discuss the idea of measina with men in my village group which brought about their interesting observations as well.

Suffice to say, that there is a lot to write about and as I've asked for it to be a 'Creative PhD' in that I will be producing some artworks, poetry and a few books during this time, I feel that it is the right time and place for me to right about this important phenomenon i.e. an understanding of Measina for diaspora Samoans...

No comments:

Post a Comment