Tuesday 16 April 2024

Celebrating new journeys ahead...

It has been a very busy couple of weeks as I started a new job as a lecturer/tutor (same indigenous Māori tertiary organization) in now teaching a Post Graduate Diploma in "Kaitiakitanga" Bicultural Professional Supervision.

I also attended a book launch of a Pasifika poetry anthology as a contributor with one of my poems chosen to be in the collection. It was such an honour but also interesting as a self-published author, to be included.

As a celebration after the book launch, I went with my family and friends to a family restaurant just in the Auckland CBD and just across the road from the Sky Tower.

This is a pic of the Sky Tower after we had had our celebratory meal together in sharing jokes and laughter about our time together at the book launch.

It was the first time of many in an "urban" Pasifika "arty" scene. As our groups had mostly come dressed in Pasifika bright colours and most of the crowd didn't. It was fun too as my two older children did the whole hair and makeup on me and it was a neat treat! 

So we were dressed to the 9s but the small central exhibition space wasn't able to hold all of the visitors to the book launch so we spilled outside onto the pavement with many standing outside and couldn't hear the poetry readings.

As for me, I didn't have the privilege of reading at the book launch but was able to read my poem to my new class (two combined classes) and then later, they were able to write poems in group as lead by another lecturer and then read them to the class - absolutely brilliant!

I'm now traversing a new journey with my new students and it's a God-send! I feel that this topic is just what I needed in almost finishing my doctoral studies and moving into a space where I can assist others in Post Graduate studies. Thank you God!...

No comments:

Post a Comment