Monday 26 April 2021

Measina a Samoa colouring book...

 

This has been another full-on crazy busy week and weekend with a family meeting, church service, a Measina 2 workshop at our local bilingual Samoan Early childhood centre and applying for our second round of funding for our special Measina Innovative project.

For this particular annual funding that closed at midday (5 mins ago), I was blessed to be able to share some ideas of taking the project to the next level and considering to share some of the learnings in book form.

As a result of the workshops, I've started developing colouring pictures for children (and adults) for sharing the ideas of what some of our Measina a Samoa might have looked like in their earlier forms before the onset of colonisation and the new materials that were then added.

I also look at historical information that's available through pictures and writings, at museums and through internet. There are definitely a lot of sources out there that can help to inform our indigenous research into what they might have looked like.

So hopefully our funding will go through but if not then I'm happy to self-publish as I know that there will be a lot of interest (as I am) in sharing my indigenous research with next generations and those who are interested. Never a dull moment...

No comments:

Post a Comment