Sunday 18 June 2023

40 Hour Fast weekend challenge...

 

It has definitely been a very busy weekend with my younger sister, youngest daughter and I joining the 40 Hour Famine which is a fundraiser for World Vision that I've supported over many years since being in High school and at church.

In those days we would have a sleep over at our church hall and raise money for the charity by asking people to sponsor us for each hour or instead to make a donation. 

The 40 hour famine used to be in March every year but that might have changed since COVID-10 pandemic when everything changed. The fasting starts at 8pm on Friday and then ends on Sunday at midday.

I remember also leading this at my local high school as a senior and having a sleepover, games during Saturday and just remembering to stay hydrated throughout the day and not to over exert yourself because we didn't want people to faint either.

We'd usually finish with a big luncheon but today we just decided to have a bucket of KFC instead and chill with some tea after attending after church service at our local church. Somehow this time it wasn't as difficult as there was so much that I had to do that I often clear forgot that I was fasting.

But it is for a very good cause and the Tshirt that I'm featuring in the photo, I bought as a souvenir and support for all those years that I've supported the cause but never took photos etc. except to keep memories of this special event. The funny thing was that it was too cold to wear a Tshirt so will keep it for another day to wear.

I'm also told that the focus has changed somewhat and that it's now known as a 40 Hour challenge so that it's being more relevant to those who would prefer to go Technology free or Mobile free instead of food. Either way, it's still for a good cause and an enjoyable way to end the weekend together by opening up our fast together...

No comments:

Post a Comment